- Notifications must be configured at the job level, not at the global level.
- In the vSphere Client, navigate to the vCenter Server instance.
- Select the Configure tab.
- Under Settings, select General.
- Click Edit.
- Select Mail.
- In the Mail server, type the SMTP server information. The SMTP server is the DNS name or IP address of the SMTP gateway to use for sending email messages.
- In Mail sender, type the sender account information. The sender account is the email address of the sender.
- You must type the full email address, including the domain name. For example, [email protected].
- Click Save.
If you need any further assistance in configuring your backup software, please reach out to our support team at [email protected]